Part-Time Bookkeeper, Nonprofit Organization
Description, compensation and benefits:
Position Available: Bookkeeper
Hours: 3-4 hours/week
Summary of Job Description: Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including Accounts Payable and maintaining accurate donor records. The desired individual will have proficiency with QuickBooks, experience working in the nonprofit setting, an outgoing and friendly personality, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diversity of individuals, strong organizational and time management skills and acute attention to detail.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks a requirement
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Additional proficiency in Windows operating systems and with Microsoft Office 2007, Excel, Google Docs and Internet Explorer/Google Chrome
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Good judgment, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Issue checks for bills and employee / volunteer reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner; ensure that all expenditures are appropriately categorized in Quickbooks
- Record and Deposit incoming donations (check and online) in Quickbooks and DonorPro
- Proactively maintains highly organized filing system; files invoices, reimbursements, insurance information and other financial records.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Assists with special projects or does research as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
About the organization:
ACTION is a nonprofit that connects volunteers, churches, businesses and agencies with the people in our communities who find themselves in need. We facilitate a network of Christian churches across Ventura County that work together to serve our community.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Dan Miller, Executive Director, Dan.Miller@ACTIONvc.org no later than May 12, 2017.