Core Volunteer Opportunities
The ACTION Ministry is in need of volunteers to support ACTION’s mission of mobilizing volunteers, churches, businesses and agencies to profoundly impact lives, families and communities with hope. Many volunteer opportunities are described below. We are looking for volunteers excited about reaching people in need with the love of Christ in practical ways. We look forward to the opportunity to match your heart, God-given talents and abilities with the array of possible volunteer opportunities to advance the kingdom of God.
City/Specific Population Liaisons:
- To serve in your own city or with a specific population of people by connecting with the churches and/or agencies. The goal is for this person to be a liaison between the churches and/or agencies to discover ways for ACTION to work better with each organization. The volunteer should be able to communicate well, enjoy discovering what each entity does, and report detailed information back to ACTION.
- More active participation could involve attending city-wide agency or church meetings (such as the taskforce on homelessness), setting up meetings with city and church leaders to meet with an ACTION representative, and encouraging churches to participate in ACTION activities.
- To promote ACTION in the community to churches, agencies, and service groups.
- Includes things such as ministry fairs, speaking engagements, panel discussions, etc.
- Develops and or gives suggestions on needed materials and future promotion.
Strategic ACTION Committees:
Putting your passions and strengths to work in a strategic way by joining teams such as the following:
- Communication Ministry: Teams include overall planning, marketing and branding, video, photography, journalism, social media, graphic art, etc.
- Program Ministry: Looking at the ACTION programs strategically, evaluating, conducting surveys, etc.
- Help locate new sources for volunteers and/or interns.
- Help locate ACTION Advocates who are members at local churches who believe in, and advocate for, ACTION’s mission.
- Helps organize volunteer appreciation events
Program lead for Christmas Shoppe, Serve Day or Serve Every Day
- Lead team in areas such as promotion, fund raising, toy collecting, bible collection, etc.
- Lead city teams in areas such as gift wrap, child care, hospitality, prayer, etc.
- Lead team in areas such as promotion, fundraising, phone calls and coordination, etc.
- Lead city team to help coordinate the kick-off such as arranging location, music, food, speakers or helping find projects, promotion, etc.
- Helping in the areas of vetting projects (doing a site inspection for a construction/repair project or visiting with the person who needs help to fully understand the need and see the situation), promoting, reaching out to new volunteers and churches, finding funding and/or materials for projects
- Leaders for construction, home repair, moving, and auto repair teams to serve the people in need.
- Help to put on events such as trainings, volunteer appreciations, fundraising galas or specialty events. Spots for many different passions and abilities.
- Financial Development
- Office help
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Grants including researching potential grants to apply for and/or writing grant applications
- Finding new sources of funding
- Answering phones, phone calling, filing, stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Working on spreadsheets, updating information, data entry
- Researching additional churches and organizations on the internet
- Help in phone work, translating documents, etc.
For more information or to reply with interest contact: Dan Miller at 805-987- 0300 or email at Dan.Miller@ACTIONvc.org.
Make a difference in YOUR community by donating to ACTION!
You can make a monthly (or a one-time) contribution via credit card or check to benefit YOUR community!
4001 Mission Oaks Blvd., Suite S
Camarillo, CA 93012
ACTION Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit (Tax ID #20-3883656). We provide receipts for each donation so you can claim it on your taxes.
Work / Corporate Giving
ACTION is approved as a non-profit recipient through AMGEN’s Staff Volunteer Grant Program. Our AMGEN ID is 18785.
If you are or know an employee with AMGEN who has volunteered or is planning to volunteer with ACTION, here are the guidelines for an employee to submit volunteer hours. If you know of an employee with AMGEN, please forward this information. The AMGEN employee must accumulate 15 hours of volunteer service with ACTION before AMGEN will pay matching grant funds to our organization. The volunteer can record PAST hours that they have already served this year. The volunteer should keep the descriptions in the realm of serving the community with food/clothing/service. The name to look for is “Area Christians Taking Initiative on Needs” in the Amgen Staff Volunteer Program page.
Can You Supply a Ministry Need?
ACTION partners with many ministries and agencies that are serving those in need. You can help by making in-kind contributions of goods or services. Some examples are shown below, but this is not an exhaustive list. Contact the ACTION Ministry Center at 805-987-0300 if you are considering blessing others through an in-kind gift. Unfortunately, we cannot accept furniture or household items at this time.
- Hygiene Items
Toothbrushes, tooth paste, razors, bar soap, liquid soap, shaving cream, deodorant.
- Bibles–English, Spanish, Youth
Needed for various outreach programs/projects.