Practical help to Ventura County residents affected by disability.
Total Access – A Ministry of Action Foundation.
According to the 2000 U.S. Census, 17.8% of our residents ages 16-64, and 39.7% of those 65 and older, have a disability. Total Access volunteers can modify homes to give residents increased freedom and provide access that those without disability take for granted.
Serve disabled residents by helping them access assistance from social service agencies, as well as installing ramps for wheelchairs, grab bars in the bathroom, and other safety equipment.
What does Total Access do?
- ACTION projects that benefit those with special needs include:
- Wheelchair ramps
- Grab bars in hallways & bathrooms
- Widening doorways for wheelchair access
- Wheelchair-friendly flooring
- Bathroom modifications
- Other home improvements
- Computer adaptations
- Voice activation and other “smart home” features
- Vehicles designed for drivers or passengers with special needs
How Can You Help?
Contact Kathy Donofrio at the ACTION Ministry Center.
Please make checks payable to ACTION and mail to:
- ACTION, 406 Constitution Avenue, Camarillo, CA 93012
ACTION is a 501(c)3 non-profit entity.
- construction materials
- appliances and electronics
- Skilled: Contractors and other professions are welcome.
- Unskilled: All you need is a listening ear or a hand someone could hold.