If you are part of a business that wants to make an impact in the community, consider becoming a Business Sponsor for ACTION. Throughout the year, ACTION connects volunteers with local service projects where they can volunteer with their skills on their schedule. Together, we complete hundreds of individual projects to assist seniors, disabled residents, foster and at-risk youth and the homeless. Typical projects include minor repairs, indoor cleaning, yard maintenance, grab bar installations and handicap ramps. Last year, we were able to help thousands of our neighbors and anticipate helping more in 2018 with your help! Would you please consider partnering with us as a Business Sponsor in 2018? Your financial contribution will bring the needed materials for the projects our volunteers complete, which will have a huge impact in our community. Participating businesses can have their company listed on any promotional material as well as on our website as one of our sponsors. Please see our Sponsorship Form for more options. You can make a monthly (or a one-time) contribution via credit card or check to benefit YOUR community. ACTION is a 501(c)(3) non-profit (Tax ID #20-3883656). We provide receipts for each donation so you can claim it on your taxes.
TO LEARN MORE, PLEASE SEE THE BUSINESS SPONSORSHIP FORM
Can You Supply a Ministry Need? ACTION partners with many ministries and agencies that are serving those in need. You can help by making in-kind contributions of goods or services. Our list of items we can take is changing, so please contact the ACTION office at 805-987-0300 if you are considering blessing others through an in-kind gift. Unfortunately, we cannot accept furniture or household items at this time.
In Office Opportunities
Looking for a way to match your heart and God-given talents with the needs of those in your community? Volunteer with the ACTION office! We are always looking for volunteers excited about serving the vulnerable in our communities in practical ways. Support our mission to share the love of God through acts of service that strengthen our communities and change lives.
Office/Admin Interns: (3 months)
- Grant Writer
- Research potential grants to apply for and assist in writing grant applications
- Bilingual Spanish/English Translator
- Phone work, translate documents, etc.
- Communication Intern
- Create promotional items to use for fundraising campaigns: video, flyers, etc.
- Assist with developing a communication plan to promote ACTION’s many annual events and programs
- Market and brand using photography, journalism, social media and graphic design
Liaisons: (Varies through the year)
- Community Christmas Shoppe Chair: (September- December)
- Lead teams in the promotion, fundraising, toy collecting, bible collection, etc.
- Create city teams to meet needs for gift wrap, child care, hospitality, prayer, etc.
- Serve Day Liaison: (January-May)
- Assist with training Serve Day leaders
- Lead city team in coordinating the kick-off: arrange the location, music, food, speakers or help find projects, promotion, etc.
- Serve Every Day Liaison:
- Assess projects ( site inspection for construction/repair projects and communication with constituent)
- Recruit quarterly partners
- Create teams for home repair, moving, ramps, etc.
- Maintain communication with clients with open projects